At dahil uso na ang magsulat ng year-end article, ako rin (pero matagal ko na talaga inisip isulat to)
2011 Has been a unique year for me, there had been many firsts, and many highlights.
- My plans to look for a church in Santa Rosa, as well as to semi-permanently reside there were short lived – they did materialize, but clearly, God had other plans, as I was back to our local church in UP after a month
- The Plans to move me from Laguna to Pasig were met with Divine Intervention. Less than a week after taking all my stuff home and giving up our apartment unit, I was withdrawn from Pasig and had to relocate once more back to Santa Rosa, because of circumstances that were beyond my control.
There’s a First Time for Everything
- My attempt at courtship was met with a polite but categorical rejection up front, along with a downgrade in the level of friendship.
- My job application for one of my preferred employers was also categorically shut down. I failed the Counterproductive Behavior Test miserably.
- I think it was my first time to speak again in a fellowship setting after three years. It feels so liberating to practice my locked down gifts once more.
- A relationship that I thought was next to impossible to mend was miraculously repaired to a state of high functionality.
- It looks like my parents will be home for good soon, or at least out of Indonesia.
- Moving to the Tagalog service at church has allowed me to deepen friendships with more people
- I was able to unearth panahon-ng-hapon trivia and basic info that I did not know about my Lola all this time, during our bonding sessions (also known as lola’s monologues)
- I was able to re-connect and connect to new IVCF buddies
- I was able to join the Fellowship of Christian Bloggers – met mew friends and became inspired to read and write some more.
- Distance actually made our family tighter somehow.
- God has used people in church, at work, at home, and everywhere else to point out kinks in my armor and weaknesses in my character – a truly humbling experience
Fast Forward: Hopes and Dreams for 2012
- A job closer to home
- Continuous reconciliation with people around me
- A wider sphere of influence for God’s Glory
- Consistency in service, discipline, and obedience
- The materialization of my planned blogging projects